- Write down the address of where you’re staying on paper- saving it to your phone is not good enough if your battery runs out.
- Keep the addresses, tickets, flight times and boarding passes, and your passport in a separate wallet in your hand luggage when you fly so you don’t lose anything.
- Research how you are going to get from the airport to your accommodation or wherever you are heading. Taxis are usually easier but more expensive but you also need to find the taxi rank. Use the airport website to find out if there is a shuttle bus or local bus and where to get it.
- Even if you like to be spontaneous research somewhere to eat using tripadvisor or some such website. You will get of the plane and be hungry, you will not want to wander around wasting your precious time in a foreign city scavenging for food.
- Also note down a few things you want to do, and how you’ll get there. If you’re not driving you’ll need to know where to get the bus or pay for taxis.
- Find out when you can check in to your hotel, and whether you can leave your bags there if you arrive earlier. If not, or you don’t want to go there and then back out again store your bags at the train station or a private luggage storage place. NB you can not store stuff in UK train stations because they suck.