- The clouds. La Palma has horizontal rain, I have a t-shirt that says so. It’s actually the cloud around the mountain.
- The stars. There are lots. Turns out all that light pollution mumbo-jumbo those fussy astronomers were babbling on about was true. Without all those pesky street lights you can actually see all the real night lights.
- Roque de Los Muchachos. The highest point on the island and we got an amazing view of the cloud in the Caldera (old volcano hole).
- Bananas. There were nanas everywhere.
- Fuencaliente and the volcanoes. It was fun to walk through the black volcanic ash soil, wish we could have visited the volcanic beach.